Thanks to modern technology, it’s possible to make use of our money at pretty much any time. We can use our plastic credit and debit cards, we can use online services like PayPal, or we can even use our phones to pay for things. It’s incredibly convenient, but there are times where we’ll need to send or receive money and online services or digital alternatives aren’t suitable.
Thanks to the services that Western Union offers, you can send and receive money at any Western Union branch that is close to you. However, if you don’t live near a Western Union location, then you can still access their money transfer services from a number of different locations.
How to Find a Western Union Location Near Me
The easiest way to find a store that supports Western Union’s services is to look online on their website. The location finder can be used in any country in the world, and you can narrow down the search to a postcode or make it as broad as a city. For instance, if you’re looking for Western Union services in Texas, then you can simply type “Texas” and you’ll see a number of locations on a map and a list which is sorted by distance. You can further refine the search as well. For example, you could type in “10018” and it will find Western Union locations that are within the New York area.
You can also specify the agent name to make it easier for you to visit a certain store. For example, if you’d like to find a Walgreens in San Francisco, then you can enter “Walgreens” in the agent name, San Francisco in the location, then hit Go and you’ll find plenty of Walgreens locations in the area that offer Western Union services.
It’s also possible to use Western Union’s location finder tool to specify what services you actually need. Money transfer is the most basic service that most location offers, but you can also open the search filters and tick the boxes for the additional services you need. For instance, if you need to send or receive payments but also want to purchase a prepaid card, then simply tick the relevant boxes, enter the search location and it will list all of the locations that carry services you specify.
Occasionally, you might be in an area that has limited access to Western Union’s services. In this case, make sure you broaden your search range. For example, instead of choosing a postcode, search the entire city instead or search only by address and not the agent name. This should give you plenty more hits so that it’s easier to find a location that offers Western Union services near you.
Finally, please note that some locations have maximum payout limits, and if you need extra accessibility options or further information, you can click the “Hours & Info” link on each location for more details. Once you’ve decided on a location, simply click the “Share” button to send the location to someone (such as your Uber driver or friend) or click “Directions” to work out the shortest path to the location.
With this easy-to-use tool, it’s incredibly straightforward and quick to find a Western Union location near you that offers money transfer services. This website is active 24/7 and can be used as long as you have an internet connection, making it convenient even when you’re limited to just your smartphone.
How Does Western Union Send or Receive Money?
The internet will allow you to send or receive money without much hassle. However, if you would prefer to visit in person and send your money through Western Union’s services at a specific location, then it’s possible to do so as well. First, find a location using the information above and then find the relevant member of staff to speak with.
There are several different services to pick from at Western Union locations.
- Money in minutes is for when you need to send money quickly. Simply complete the forms given to you by staff and choose the Cash Pickup and Money in Minutes services. Pass the completed forms onto the agent with the funds (including a transaction fee) and the service is complete. You can choose to pay with cash or a debit card at most locations.
- Next day service allows the money to be picked up in cash or deposited into a prepaid card for the next day. Pick the Cash Pickup and Next-Day Speed option when filling in the form given to you by the agent, then hand in the completed form.
- To a mobile phone gives you the ability to send money to someone else (regardless of their location) assuming they have signed up for an activated mobile wallet with one of Western Union’s partner mobile operators. Choose Mobile Wallet Deposit on the form and make sure you include the receiver’s mobile phone number. Please double-check this to avoid delays or accidents.
- To a bank account will send the money directly into your recipient’s bank account. You’ll need to include the receiver’s bank account information. This depends on what country you are sending to, so search online for the information you need or speak with a member of staff at the agent’s location. This method usually takes up to three business days.
- To an inmate allows you to send money to an inmate for same-day use. Simply complete the “Pay a Bill” section of the form and pass the completed form along with the applicable funds to the staff. It takes roughly one to three bank business days to finish this transfer.
Please make sure you save the tracking number (MTCN) that is given to you by the agent. If you forget to save it, then make sure you ask the agent if they can pull the number from the records. This will act as proof of your transaction and it’s needed by your recipient to accept the money transfer, so don’t forget to share it with them.
To receive money, simply visit any location that supports Western Union’s services and speak to the clerk at the agent location. You’ll need to bring your government-issued ID to provide proof that you are the recipient of the money. You’ll also need to ask the sender for the tracking number (MTCN) in order to receive the money. If you don’t have this number, then you won’t be able to receive the funds in cash.
You can also receive the money on a prepaid card that is offered by Western Union. Not every location offers this service, so make sure you speak with the agent before you attempt to collect money onto a prepaid card. To do this, simply call the number on the back of your prepaid card or log into your card account on the internet.
The last two options are bank account deposit and mobile wallet deposit. Mobile wallet deposit is only applicable in certain locations, and bank account deposit is the standard option that is available in most Western Union agent locations.
Many Western Union locations are open 24 hours a day which makes it simple for you to enjoy their money services at any time of the day or night. Their agent location tool is fantastic and gives you plenty of options to find the right location near you, no matter what services you need. It’s easy to use, painless and can even point you in the right direction if you’re on the road or walking around town.